Wednesday, November 8, 2017

Theme Week Challenge #23 Make Your Own Plaid Pattern

Hello everyone, it's Ellen here with another theme week inspiration. This time (as you know already) it's all about the plaid pattern. On this post I will only focus on the coloring. In four easy steps I will show you how you can make your own plaid pattern on certain spaces on your image.


1. The image that you see is "Rae Wanderlust". First I color Rae's suitcase with my Copic Markers C5, C3, C2 and C0 to add some shading.

2. With T7 I color some strokes that is the start of my plaid pattern. As you can see I use the wide nip of my marker and try to space the lines evenly (you can make measurements if you like that)


3. Now you repeat step two, but with vertical lines.

4. At the end I fill the plaid pattern with some red strokes with the R27 Copic Marker. As you can see I also used a ruler to make the lines straight.


I hope you liked my explanation and you try it yourself.


How to Play Along
- Create a new project and use a plaid print
-Share your creation at Our Facebook Group HERE by December 8, 2017
-Only one entry
-A stamp of your choice will be awarded to the winner, if we have five or more entries.

1 comment :