Wednesday, July 31, 2019

Going Blue

Hi Stamp AnnieThing friends! Michelle Houghton here to share a little SAT inspiration for your mid-week entertainment. I decided to take another run at this month's release. (With all the beautiful new Stamp Anniething goodies out thee it is hard to remember what actually came out at the start of the month!) Back to Egypt we go!

I love all three of the new images this month as well as the fab-U-lous Grab and Go Box so I know I will be coloring up a lot of these images multiple times. One of the ways I entertain myself when coloring multiple times is to switch up the colors. If I am trying to improve technique or skills I stay exactly the same for multiple attempts at an image, but when I am coloring just to color or play I love pushing to find new colors combos for an image. 

With my first round of coloring the Egyptian themed stamps this month I kept the color schemes very traditional looking up photo references on line so in coming back to the images I decided to start with the  Cleopatra image and go all blues to see what I would get. Even her kitty made a drastic change from a black cat originally to a barely there blue kitty.

Copics of course:


 Skin - R000, R01, R12, E93, E04, BV00 Hair - B41, B45, B37, B39 Dress - B93, B95, B97, B99 Copper - YR14, YR18, E09, B02 Cat - B0000, B02 and Colorless Blender

Then I created an inky background using Copic Various Inks and Yupo paper:


And layered it all together:


So fun! I know I will come back to these images and challenge myself with all sorts of different color combinations.

Thanks so much for stopping by today! Make sure to stay tuned for more inspiration and get an entry in for this month's Theme Challenge!

Have a Happy Colorful Day!!


No comments :

Post a Comment