Thursday, October 8, 2015

Always here for you!

Hello everyone!  This is Cassandra from Creating with Color by Cassandra.  I received an email from a lady recently, asking if I would demonstrate a way to use stamps when you are not that good at coloring yet.  So I decided to do a black and white image with a little color pop, as well as some paper piecing.


Here is the finished product!  The black cardstock is from Papertrey Ink. And the fun patterned papers are from the Carta Bella ~ Paris Girl collection.  


To start, I stamped the Stamp Anniething ~ Diana : Let's Do Lunch.  I stamped her twice onto the white paper and then another time onto the pink patterned paper.  Next, I cut out the pink hair bow.  Then, I cut out the top layer of hair.  And finally, I cut out the top half of Diana to use as my base.  Technically you don't really need both of the white layers, but I like the look up close in person...it gives it much more dimension. 

I started by adding some tiny pink epoxy dots to the Diana base for some cute earrings.  Next, adhere the top layer of hair onto the Diana base.  Then adhere the pink bow to the top layer of hair.  Finally, take your sassy little Diana and create your finished product.


I cut the background piece using the Jaded Blossom ~ Card Mat Dies.  All of the squares are cut with the Jaded Blossom ~ Stitched Square Dies. The ribbon is cut using the Jaded Blossom ~ Awareness Ribbon. And the sentiment is from the Jaded Blossom ~ Fight For A Cure.  

Well my creative friends, I hope you enjoyed my little tutorial for today.  I think it's a fun way to use the images without coloring.  And for this particular project, I think it really allows the eye to focus on the pink - which for this month is absolutely PERFECT!!!  Have a great day everyone!  I will see you all again soon.

1 comment :

  1. Cute, cute, cute, cute, cute! Did I say cute? And what a great idea with the black/white image!! Love it!

    ReplyDelete