Tuesday, June 16, 2020

Bokeh Technique Background

Hi everyone! This is GiGi from The Cricut Bug and it's my day to post a Technique Tuesday.
I have a tutorial to share of how I created the background of my card using the Bokeh Technique.





I started with a 4 1/4 X 5 1/2 inch piece of white cardstock.
I used the Stamp AnnieThing Inks in Caribbean Blue, Heather, and Shocking Pink to ink blend the background.




After the background was ink blended I used the Bubble Stencil, dabbing on white Acrylic paint with a sponge.


After it was dry, I rotated the stencil to the opposite side and did this process again. This gave the bubbles a layered, pixelated look.
I cut out the background using a scallop rectangle mat along with a strip of white for the sentiment.
I stamped and colored Sofia and her bubbles using Copic Markers and mounted her on pop dots.



I hope you all liked my project for today and thanks for visiting!
Have a great day!
GiGi

3 comments :