Saturday, July 30, 2016

July Theme Week ~ Day 6 with Katya

It's time for another Theme Week!
Time for a smile.. its all about RAINBOWS... Simply use rainbow colors and themes!
We would love for you to participate with us in our THEME WEEK and it's quite easy to do so!  Simply create a project using ANY Stamp Anniething product (as your main focal point) in the set "theme" for that month. Post your project to the corresponding album over at our Face Book Group page (Stamp Anniething Stampers)! You may enter as many projects as you wish, but you will only be counted as ONE entry person.  A minimum of 5 people (not including DT Members) is needed in order for a prize to be given.

*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

So here we go for July'sTheme Week!
Make ANY project using rainbows (papers, colors,, patterns, etc!)
*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*~*

Katya Bess here from KattyXotica's Kreations and I'm here to show you my rainbow card.
I had a blast coloring this image. I did ask for permission from the owner Annie to alter the bangs and
the clothes.... just an F.Y.I. Keep in mind that the owner has the right to say no.... This time Annie was okay with it and I had so much fun coloring her like Rainbow Brite. Did you gals or guys
have any of Rainbow Brite dolls or toys? The Color Kids or maybe even a Sprite?
I only had a Rainbow Brite and I remember she had yard hair.... to be honest that is all I remember of of the doll of yeah and she had a purple star on her cheek. I did watch the cartoons in Spanish growin up but and I found some of the English videos on YouTube and I watch with my youngest daughter
when trying to soothe her and distract her from her severe Eczema itching.

I used Memento Desert Sand ink dye pad to be able to do the "no-lines-coloring" technique
and to be able to alter the bangs and clothes without any masking but if you look 
closely you can sort of see the original lines.
Of course I used Copic markers, Copic multi-liner and a Uni-ball Signo White Broad
(I love Sakura but I wish the white pen was a little more opaque
because I so much prefer how it looks in the end)

For the image I used 

This is how Trudy - Happy Day! looks before the no-lines-coloring technique.


Copic makers I used
E0000, E000, E01, E04, E21, R21 and R30
E33, E35, Y35, Y08 and Y26
V06, R24, B24, G05, YR04 and Y08
(sorry forgot the blues in her eyes) 
the colors look a little brighter in person the blues in her clothing look a little too dark here.

Here you can see here up close.

Here you can see the shimmer on the stars. 

The sentiment I use hand-wrote myself
(I was a bit lazy to see if I even had a color themed stamp. LOL)
and I just colored the rainbow background in carefully
and I only gave it two passes since I was scared they would
bleed into each other. The little stars from from some
My Creative Time dies as well as the rectangle to cut out the layer.
The for the stars I chose colors from the rainbow that I colored then I 
added Wink of Stella clear and letting them dry before I glued them 
on to the card. 

I hope you all really liked all of the cards for the theme week,
rainbows are one of my favorite things to see and color. 
I also hope that you get a chance to work on some rainbow themed cards

Thank you for stopping by.

Have a colorful day!

Katya Bess

No comments :

Post a Comment