Thursday, July 23, 2015

Ruff day?

Hello everyone!  This is Cassandra from Creating with Color by Cassandra.  I thought I would do something a little different today and show you how to add a little texture to your Copic project.

Here's what you are going to need:


First, pick your Copic colors.  Then, you need some Copic Blending Solution.  And finally, you need a couple of textured material pieces. For my project today, I have a piece of terry cloth and a piece of denim.


Color your image in the area you wish to texture.  Always do this first, because if you color the whole image and then texture - you may end up texturing areas that you don't want to.


Apply blending solution to your piece of fabric.  **Remember a little goes a long way.  Next, fluff up the fibers with your finger nails.


Then, gently apply pressure with the material on your colored image. About 3 seconds usually does the trick. And then lift.  Continue as desired to the rest of the image.


This is what he looks like when finished.  Depending on how it turns out, it can look a little speckley (if that's a word lol) or it might even look a little like fur.


Next, I colored in the jeans of this little fella.  I could have just left it alone, but I decided to add even more texture so that they could look like real jeans.


Apply solution to the piece of denim.  Now this time, instead of bunching it up between your fingers - you are going to lay it flat down on the part of the image you wish to texture.  And you are going to apply pressure with the palm of your hand.  (Sorry I don't have a picture of that, but I couldn't do that and take a picture at the same time lol).


And voila!  Now he has on real jeans!!!  How cool is that?!?  Now, finish coloring your image and complete your final project.


This little fella is the Stamp Anniething ~ Dog Gone Cute.  I don't know about you, but if I was having a "ruff" day - he sure would make me smile!  


The green card base is made with cardstock from Simon Says Stamp. The yellow cardstock is from Papertrey Ink.  And the fun patterned paper is from the Simple Stories ~ Harvest Lane collection.  I cut the polka dot piece with the Jaded Blossom ~ Card Mat Dies.  The white piece is cut with the Jaded Blossom ~ Stitched Square Dies.  The label is cut with the Jaded Blossom ~ Mini Tag Dies 2.  And the sentiment is also from the Stamp Anniething ~ Dog Gone Cute.


Well my creative friends, that's it for me today.  I hope you enjoyed my fun little tutorial.  I will see you all again soon.  Have a great day everyone!

3 comments :

  1. This looks wonderful .... I love adding texture ... but always forget too

    ReplyDelete
  2. He is just Adorable!!
    Have a wonderful day,
    Migdalia
    Crafting With Creative M

    ReplyDelete
  3. Oh my word this is the cutest thing ever and those techniques are unbelievable!!!
    Love it
    Deb

    ReplyDelete